Part 3 Learning objectives - Risk Management in Banking
Banks are in the business of taking risk for profit, this differs from other industries. Without good risk management, banks would fail with disastrous consequences. Part 3 has been designed to provide an easy to understand overview of the following areas that form the foundation of risk management in banking:
- Risk vs. opportunity.
- The main risk types that can result in a profit or loss.
- Consequential risks.
- Hard to quantify risks.
- Introduction to Credit risk.
- Introduction to Liquidity risk.
- Introduction to Interest rate risk.
- Introduction to Market risk.
- Introduction to Operational risk.
- Introduction to Regulatory risk.
- The future with Digital finance - 7 mega trends.